FREE Work at home jobs Forum Index FREE Work at home jobs
Work at home jobs, opportunities, 100%FREE
All advertisements,repeat,junk posts,scam jobs will be directly deleted and the member will be banned
Discuss payments at MoneyTalk      Money Saving Tips     Health and Wellness
Get work at home jobs from foreign countries with payment guaranteed
Work at home jobs in USA, UK, Canada

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile      Log inLog in 

transcription from home
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FREE Work at home jobs Forum Index -> Transcription jobs
Get paid for reading emails, viewing ads, FREE to join

FREE advertising on hundreds of niche blogs, websites and directories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vijay

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject: transcription from home Reply with quote

Business transcription and medical transcription both can be done from home and they are financially very productive.

It is easier to get medical transcription jobs compared to business transcription. The only requirement from most employers who provide medical transcription is that some training or experience in the field

With the ready and economical availability of internet, transcription is a very good method of having a steady source of income. As long as the home atmosphere is not disturbing, home transcription can be successful.

There are companies who also play around with money to be paid. So, it is important to check and then start doing the work.
Ajanta13

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I know medical transcription requires a certain level of qualification and experience. Though I don't have that qualification but I have a Medical Terminology book (US)
However, other transcription job I can be performed. What they require are discipline. dedication, and commitment. Need the equipment also which I don't have now.
aytu

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Transcription of any sort requires speed, dedication and a slight background to the subject they are transcripting.
Equipment is a neccessary element, which can be made available as and when required. The most important factor being the quality of English. Grammar being the most essential item with spelling just behind.
desy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Iam Looking forward to home based transcripption jobs. Iam looking forward to either business transcription or medical transcription. Though I donot have a medical background , I know with dedication and effort anything is possible.
anuthought

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly speaking.... I am not familiar with the exact job of a person who transcribes. I did transcription as a part of my Communication Skills class in 1st year, engineering, if thats the phonetics transcription. What I do not understand is why do companies or individuals want medical or business documents transcribed. Or else I misunderstand the job itself.
Could someone clear this confused head of mine?
anuthought

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats right. ill just chk the site. thanx.
yuvraj

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to have this transcription job.How can i get it plz tell me
Kameswari

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be trained for doing medical transcription. Without any training it is very difficult to do. You require training in medical terminology, drugs, and should practice on files for at least four to five months. Then only you can start working on live files and start earning.
lastsupper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any other transcription opportunities apart from medical?
Thanks you for any information!
madhavilatha

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mr. Vijay,

To become a medical transcriptionist though doesnt need any basic level of education, minimum should be 12th+. It requires minimum basic traning of 4-6 months,which many companies offer. In the traning period they will teach both theory which includes English grammar, americal accent and Language of Medicine. Then practical training will be given, which includes typing tutorial, first listening to the audio files, then slowly transcription will be started. At the end of the training period, one will be in such a position to transcribe audio files with a minimum of 30-40% accuracy only.

Medical Transcription needs many softwares like, Quicklook, Stedmans dictionary etc. So, one has to be competent enough to use all these software, to be eable to search google, yahoo for doctors name, hospitals name and a lot.

Initialy, it will be defficult to find jobs, one can join as OJT in any company and most companies take people at the intial stages with a 1-2 yrs bond.

Medical transcription field needs long hours to stick to your seat. But the growth prospects in this field is very high. Mts are knowns as hotcakes in the industry. Initial pay may be very low as 2k but if you want to make a carier in this, you can rise to a position of Quality Analyst within a span of 3 years with a pay cheque of 20k.

Best of Luck to all those who want to make a carier in this industry.
I am a qualified dietician, business administration. I am a mother of 2 school going kids who needs my attention hence i am looking for jobs/projects which i can complete by staying at home and projects/jobs i can do in the evening.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FREE Work at home jobs Forum Index -> Transcription jobs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: