FREE Work at home jobs Forum Index FREE Work at home jobs
Work at home jobs, opportunities, 100%FREE
All advertisements,repeat,junk posts,scam jobs will be directly deleted and the member will be banned
Discuss payments at MoneyTalk      Money Saving Tips     Health and Wellness
Get work at home jobs from foreign countries with payment guaranteed
Work at home jobs in USA, UK, Canada

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile      Log inLog in 

To konw about MT jobs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FREE Work at home jobs Forum Index -> Transcription jobs
Get paid for reading emails, viewing ads, FREE to join

FREE advertising on hundreds of niche blogs, websites and directories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swarup123

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: To konw about MT jobs Reply with quote

Hellow,
I am new in the world of medical transcription jobs. Kindly give me some information about the type of the job. Can i do the job part time. What the job actually is. What is the accuracy required to perform this job. What is the income level if i want to do part time. If any one give me the details about thr job i will be highly benefited.

Swarup Bhar
swar.bhar@yahoo.com
gspal

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Visit http://www.medical-transcription1.com. It is a free online course. You can download the comprehensive study materials on medical terminology and American English grammar and some dictations with keys. Go through the forums there.

Emboldened? Then get hold of The SUM Program's BMT, IMT, and AMTs and sincrely go through the dictations. These should be available locally at a CD shop and in the process also get hold of Stedman's Medical Dictionay and Quick Look Drug dictionary to help or else try learn.mt.from.home@gmail.com. You will be a successful OJT (on the job trainee) if not a MT and your only investment will be your PC and your free time at home.

Not to forget, you will also need Express Scribe to run the dictations. Go for free download at http://nch.com.au/scribe/index.html.
You will also need three-pedal foot pedal to control playing of dictations, an amp, and a mono headphone. These are available with Orien Raj Industries in New Delhi who will courier after depost of the requisite amount into his ICICI account. They will cost you all in all around Rs. 1200. Contact him at #09312509957, 011-25358385.

Thereby you avoid paying Rs. 25 to 30k for training and have nothing in your hand to start working from home. With this amount you can can have an AMD 64 Athlon 3200+ PC and all the hardwares and softwares as mentioned in this reply including the training materials to do medical and general transcription, etc.

Join as a OJT or MT in a firm/company that covers all body systems for couple of years full time before opting for HBT. If full time is not possible then visit http://www.andhrascribe.com/34.html.

All the best and good luck.
naveenkumar

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi gspal:

I am a medical transcriptionist with three years experience. As per my knowledge, it is very tough to learn medical transcription by own, listening to the audio files and reading the training material. It is necessary to undergo rigorous classroom training if you want to become a successful MT.

Who said that training costs 25 to 30k. Here in Hyderabad it is only 5k and lot of companies are hiring people and training them in MT for free with stipend. For that they ask a two-year bond.
gspal

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Naveen,

Professional courses like Chartered Accountancy is by homestudy with some classes before the exams. Some State/Central Universities have correspondence courses. It is a question of diligence in self-study. And as I said in my last topic, that it would prepare one to become an OJT for two months before becoming an MT. Self-study would train a person to depend on one's own listening ability rather than asking another trainee. These home study dictations also have keys.

Now coming to your second statement. There are a lot of production units and pure training centers in Northern India especially New Delhi that charge Rs. 25k to Rs. 30k for a six month course in MT. In Lucknow itself there is Alliant Technologies in Mahanagar who profess to being a branch of a CMT training institute in USA and charge Rs. 15.5k. Tel #0522-3264077, 9936425631. Another is a production unit: Solutions in Gomti Nagar that charge Rs. 11k. Tel# 9935794423. An aspirant would like to be trained with a production unit in order to get absorbed but then most such production units-cum-training centers will lay more stress on the kind of work (covering the branch of body systems) they have rather than a comprehensive course. An aspirant would come to know this later after full fees has already been paid.

I too was unlucky to get trained with one such unit who layed more stress on the kind of work they had rather than a comprehensive course. Therefore it is better to be on one's own.
naveenkumar

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I too was unlucky to get trained with one such unit who layed more stress on the kind of work they had rather than a comprehensive course.

Ya! that's true. I was also trained in all specialties, but put in handling only two specialties. The company was handling more than five specialties with hundreds of docs. Due to incentive factor, I was sticked to some 10 docs and two specialties, PMR and orthopedics.

If you want to try other docs, you have to spend time understanding them and your productivity becomes less whereby you have to work for more hours and take less incentive. I was specific about incentive as it was half of my salary. After becoming home-based MT also I received only PMR dictations.

Quote:
There are a lot of production units and pure training centers in Northern India especially New Delhi that charge Rs. 25k to Rs. 30k for a six month course in MT. In Lucknow itself there is Alliant Technologies in Mahanagar who profess to being a branch of a CMT training institute in USA and charge Rs. 15.5k.

That's why I think lot of people from North India are coming here. Even I see lot of people from Kerala too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FREE Work at home jobs Forum Index -> Transcription jobs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: