FREE Work at home jobs Forum Index FREE Work at home jobs
Work at home jobs, opportunities, 100%FREE
All advertisements,repeat,junk posts,scam jobs will be directly deleted and the member will be banned
Discuss payments at MoneyTalk      Money Saving Tips     Health and Wellness
Get work at home jobs from foreign countries with payment guaranteed
Work at home jobs in USA, UK, Canada

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile      Log inLog in 

Downside of working at home
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FREE Work at home jobs Forum Index -> Transcription jobs
Get paid for reading emails, viewing ads, FREE to join

FREE advertising on hundreds of niche blogs, websites and directories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
halo

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Downside of working at home Reply with quote

Downside of working at home
*discipline needed to work for a required amount of time.In case of sick children or presence of guests might mean loss of working time.
*electricity bill may go up
*One needs to be motivated to finish the deadlines
*Full responsibility lies on the individual for the quality of work
Can you add more?
earnmoney
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other disadvantages
The cost of broadband internet connection in India is quite high
In India , most people think that you are sitting idle, if you are working from home, even if you earn more than what most office goers make
sudpavan
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:00 am    Post subject: Right place at the right time Reply with quote

yes, its really a great time to work from home rather than a t office.

But it is even true that not many but all say to me that i am lazy not going out to work or to gain knowledge. IS this true?
NO
the best way is to learn from the best envirnment, and it is very much satisfied by a computer
halo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Pavan I fully agree with you.You know since the time that I have been aware that one can work at home I looked around for work and while researching I learned a lot of things and it was and is a good experience.Though I only wish the vacanies were more in number
vv_pavankumar

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes willing to work
arulpinto

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Disadvantage of working from Home Reply with quote

While working from home has a host of benifits...there are disadvantages too. To name a few...

1. You lack exposure to a professional work culture.
2. You tend to become an introvert and close in on yourself.
3. You are not exposed to changing trends, cultures, etc. If you are very keen in keeping with the changing scenario you need to put in a lot of effort.

Would like others to add to the list...
andirajkumar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you are young and looking for some home based job then what you all have said above is true. but for those who are really in need of money doing some genuine part time job, who are knowledgeable and hardworking,then these kind of jobs are really helpful. so dont come to a conclusion without weighing the pros and cons
enlighted06

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And for most people it's hard to even get a legit and profitable homebased job.

I think it's easier if you look for a job in your own field/hobby, and maybe you can come up with something.

I've seen teachers that during the summer do paid tutoring and earn a good $ per hour. They did look around through websites? No, they just used their ability and thought outside the box.

We can all do the same, however depending on your hobbies/career it's not as easy, but keep thinking & trying, and with forums like this you can think of new ideas, or use old ones to benefit from.

Craigslist is a great site, I'm currently in the process of getting hired for one the ads listed.

Free Typing Game! www.1-3-3-7.info/Typing.html
Paid To Post Forum -> http://tinyurl.com/eedoq
shawn_ali

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but then you still get to be with the family and most of the home workers are house wives looking for time pass in which they earn a few bucks as well....it is right that you lack exposure to a professional culture but you wont do a phd in doctory and stay at home and do internet jobs??
hope im right....
gspal

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working from home is not for everybody. Especially not for extroverts and young people as they need to interact with the outside people. Young Moms may be compelled to work from home not only to be worthwhile but also supplement family income in times such as now when prices are up and there is little relief from income tax. Also if both spouces are working then one of them should work from home for the sake of family sanity. For guys over 45 to 50 years, it is ideal to work from home.
I for one enjoy it being able to work alone at home with my pet. I do home based medical transcription as a matter of necessity as I had to change career late in life having worked for the major part of it in accounting. At my age I found it difficult to work in this line with the younger lot in an office - generation gap. I can have beverages whenever I want and for a fag I do not need to step outside.

One another item that you need is a good battery invertor. But yes, you need to tune yourself to be dependent on your own listening skill to do this transcription work. I did this during my stint while working from office.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FREE Work at home jobs Forum Index -> Transcription jobs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: